Certified financial plannertm
chartered retirement planning counselor
As an independent financial advisor with LPL Financial, Jim has the opportunity to offer objective advice and effective solutions. His experience in counseling helps him to better understand and clarify the financial concerns of his clients.
Over 40 years in the financial services industry:
- Variable Annuity Life Insurance Co. (VALIC) Representative, managing client goals and expectations while servicing public school employees in the state of Michigan.
- E.F. Hutton registered securities broker, offering financial planning services and investment products.
- IDS/American Express – Qualified plans and annuity coordinator for 15 years.
- In 2002, Jim became an independent representative with LPL Financial, stressing an objective approach to investment selection and allocation.
- Member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) of Michigan
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science – Central Michigan University
- Certified Financial Planner™ - The College for Financial Planning
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor – The College for Financial Planning
- Series 7 - General Securities Examination, held with LPL Financial
- Series 63 - Uniform Securities State Law Exam, held with LPL Financial
- Michigan Life and Health Insurance
Special Areas of Experience
- Jim spent more than 20 years working with public school employees in the Michigan State Teacher’s Retirement system, as well as employees of the automotive industry. Jim specializes in retirement and tax planning, as well as investment management.
- South Genesee County Chapter of Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel, Flint Boys and Girls Club of Greater Flint, Greater Flint Sports Hall of Fame, YMCA, Canusa Games and the Susan G. Koman For A Cure Foundation
CRPC conferred by College for Financial Planning.