Michael P. Kopko, CRPC
Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor
LPL Registered Principal
As an independent advisor with LPL Financial, Michael is able to provide investment management, retirement planning, estate and tax planning, as well as social security analyses to individuals, families and businesses. Michael truly enjoys having the ability to recommend only those products and services that suitably address his client’s unique needs and goals.
Over 30 years in the financial industry:
- Citizen’s Bank (24 years)
- Retirement Benefit Administrator - worked closely with company owners regarding the investments and administration of defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
- New Business Development Officer – responsible for several branch locations for the Citizen’s Bank Wealth Management Group
- Assistant Vice President and Financial Advisor for The Investment Center – provided sound investment services for several branch locations
- LPL Financial
- Transitioned to LPL Financial as an independent financial advisor in October 2007 – providing objective, high-quality services and investment products to clients based on their individual needs
- Legacy Consultants Wealth Management was established in 2010. Michael continues providing exceptional service and advice to his clients.
Education & Certifications
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor - College for Financial Planning
- Series 24 - General Securities Principal Examination, held with LPL Financial
- Series 7 - General Securities Examination, held with LPL Financial
- Series 63 - Uniform Securities State Law Examination, held with LPL Financial
- Series 66 - NASAA Uniform Combined State Law Exam, held with LPL Financial
- Michigan Life Insurance license
- Cannon Trust School - Atlanta, GA
Special Areas of Experience
- Michael has spent 30 years working closely with employees of the banking and automotive industries, as well as the Michigan State Teacher’s Retirement System. Michael specializes in Trust and Estate Planning, as well as tax and retirement planning.
Community Service and Support
The United Way, YMCA, American Heart Association, Paint for Pride, Crim Festival of Races, Flint Children’s Museum Board Member, The Old Newsboys of Flint, and The Knights of Columbus.
CRPC conferred by College for Financial Planning.